Monday 5 January 2009

The first page!

Hi there

I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but obviously these things take time to set up, especially when you are only semi-computer literate. I have just finished another writing project, writing a chapter for publication in an edited art therapy book, so it seemed like a good time to get started on the blog. Funnily enough I have not really read many blogs but perhaps that is a good thing. I remembered whilst writing the chapter how much I enjoy writing. And this is probably just another excuse to write.

The beginning of the year does seem like a good time to start, not only because it is 'a new beginning', but also because it is the summer holiday and I feel a bit freer than usual to be doing interesting things that I normally don't have time for. And not such interesting things like cleaning out the fridge. Yesterday for example I made plum jam, and chucked out all the old jam I had made that did not get eaten, so I would have enough jam jars for the new jam. Something in this process seems rather absurd but anyway...it was satisfying.

I am not a great one for new year's resolutions, but I did set a goal of doing something creative everyday. This can include making jam or writing in here, gardening or even cooking a meal, as long as its involved more than opening tins or defrosting. I have been knitting (made a 'wild tea cosy') and learning to crochet (made nothing recognisable) but I have not done any painting or drawing recently, although I keep thinking about what I would do if I did paint. Its a start.

I have been reading a lot recently too. Most recent: Denise Scott's All that Happened at No. 26. Also the Gods of Freud, about his collection of antiquities. Quite different obviously but both entertaining.

I am going to stop now, just so I can find out what to do next.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

No comments: