Sunday 1 July 2012

reno and review


not good enough?

Today is the beginning of the new financial year, and also the first day of the long-awaited carbon tax. So far, and contrary to popular opinion, the sky has not fallen in.

Time, I thought, to review this blog, which is now over 18 months old. So firstly, there has been a style renovation - not totally sure if I like it, but it will do for now - and a revisit of my original goals, which were to cultivate the following: 

  • family,
  • health,
  • environment,
  • community,
  • friendship,
  • creativity,
  • leisure,
  • frugality,
  • therapy,
  • home,
  • emotional growth
  • communication
  • spirituality

These are all still a good summary of my intentions. In the past year and a half I have:
  • shopped less
  • appreciated my family and friends
  • started a social work degree
  • made more art
  • cooked lots of new dishes
  • started a veggie garden
  • become a 'pyjama angel'
  • had a personal trainer
  • been to the gym 
  • used public transport more often
  • said 'no' to some things
  • hesitated less
  • done a 3 day walk
  • got orthotics
  • stopped hearing noises in my ears
  • meditated most days
  • started a girls' sewing group
I am still on the other hand:
  • not losing weight
  • having hot flushes
  • buying books - via both the internet and real bookshops
  • cranky sometimes
  • watching tv most nights
  • etc. etc. 
There is always room for improvement. I like this definition of mindfulness, by Jon Kabat Zinn: 

Coming to terms with how things are. 

How true.



space, possibly

Thanks for dropping in. I really enjoy reading your comments!

More later.

No comments: