Monday 5 November 2012

stormy weather




Jacaranda trees flowering in Brisbane mean only two things: stormy weather, and exam time! The bright blue/violet flowers seem all the more vivid against a stormy sky. And for those of us in higher education, we know and expect that nerves will be frayed, and tempers fraught, as we move into the final weeks of the semester. Exam nerves, and the stress of final assessments, can take their toll, and disrupt the calmest demeanor. This is all par for the course, excuse the pun.

Today, however, having just found out that I have apparently been under the false illusion that I could enrol in a summer social work placement, which I have been planning to do for about six weeks or more, I am most definitely not happy! What is interesting is that the lecturers have been happy to go along with this charade, and have been avidly looking for a placement for me, albeit without much luck. Must have been a karma thing. And I thought it was because of the public service cuts. Looks like I can't blame Campbell Newman this time.

more later.


No comments: