Sunday 4 August 2013

(finally) on the home stretch...

 
sun salute 

Since I last blogged, I have started my final social work placement, which has required a bit of an adjustment, as it involves working there 4 days a week. I also had an all-day art therapy workshop to run, at the beginning of the semester.

A couple of times recently, I have heard myself saying: 'I am really good at self-care', and I believe it is pretty true at the moment. I have managed to re-establish a good exercise routine to fit in with my new hours, and this includes a new yoga class, Laughing Lotus, which has been fabulous. I also found a new Body Combat class, run by my lovely personal trainer, Linda, at a different Fernwood (Browns Plains), which is totally worth the drive and the extra cost... well I may not be earning any money on placement, but I am not spending much either...

My art practice has been slackening, but this is made up for by the fact that my new placement at the (also new) Forensic Disability Service, includes an Indigenous art and culture class every week, facilitated by the amazing Gordon Hookey, who is a well known, local, contemporary Aboriginal artist, just wow!

Kangaroo crew by Gordon Hookey

a Zentangle

I have ordered a book on Zentangles, as a colleague mentioned them a couple of weeks ago, and I was intrigued. I don't like the fact that the concept is copyrighted, as they are really glorified doodles, but lots of designs are available free on the web, anyway. Another example of mindful art practice, it has to be worth exploring further.

Its a struggle to keep blogging, so apologies for the relative post-drought. So happy to be in my final semester, and so excited about what may happen next...I really have no idea!

more later.

No comments: