Thursday 5 January 2012

reflect, review, renew



As promised, time to review the past year. The original thirteen areas for committed action, which I identified a year ago, are listed below:

  • family,
  • health,
  • environment,
  • community,
  • friendship,
  • creativity,
  • leisure,
  • frugality,
  • therapy,
  • home,
  • emotional growth
  • communication
  • spirituality
I am going to keep them as they are, as I think they cover most things in my life, pretty comprehensively. Some overlap, but that is ok. Because they are not goals, but are based on values, they will never be totally achieved, its more about staying on track with what is important, or doing what matters.

I have changed my blogger profile (only took about two hours!!), as the original email account, which I opened this blog with, is now defunct. This means, I am no longer using bigpond as our internet provider. This is something I have been meaning to change for ages, but of course, inertia wins out for most of the year...this slightly dormant period of the year is important to me, to get back on track. Its worth working less, to have more time to do these things. Clearing out the fridge yesterday, for example, has helped. Its still full, mysteriously. And I hope the chooks like old marmalade.

Giving things up
This means I have given up my old business name, 'creative art therapy services', or 'cats', which was the email name I was using. More significantly, I have also given up one of my 'casual' jobs, which is co-ordinating our Masters of Mental Health Art Therapy program at UQ. I will still be teaching, however. I may also be giving up another of my work days. This is all to make space for something new. I am going back to uni.

more later.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh that's exciting! Looking forward to hearing more.