Sunday 30 March 2014

Kayaking adventure


Brisbane City Council has a GOLD (Growing Older, Living Dangerously) Program, which we now qualify for.  This Sea Kayaking activity at Nudgee Beach today was free! Ok, it rained, but it was still awesome.


 The best part was paddling amongst the mangroves on the coast at high tide...


Avoiding the other paddlers...


And seeing the birds like this egret...






And the cormorant spreading its wings in the sun. When the rain stopped.

Rainbow brooch by Curly Pops

If only I hadn't done body combat and pump the day before, my arms may have hurt less.

One more day in my old job, and then I will have Mondays free-ish.

Looking forward to April.

more later.





1 comment:

Amanda said...

At first glance I was a bit concerned that you were kayaking in flood waters somewhere, after all the rain last week! Glad to see that isn't the case, and that you had fun. Congratulations on the new job, BTW.