Saturday 19 January 2013

Another heatwave: going back to work, keeping it smaller

 tiny house: pencil drawing

I like this because it is small. Its a small drawing of a smaller piece of china. in the form of a small house. It sort of looks like a face, as well. To me, at least...

Its been hard to go back to work, apart from the air-conditioning. I think I am still in a heat-induced veil of vagueness. Left my purse at work, on the first day back...I am in no hurry to get back into top gear, though. I want to keep things smaller, for as long as possible, before they get impossibly BIGGER!

I was just reminded of this the other day:

Photobucket

I am always looking for a new creative challenge...perhaps I wont do it everyday though, just in my own time. That way it might not get BIGGER!

And I will post any drawings I do.

And now for something new:

 Garden of Enlightenment at Chenrezig

Garden of Enlightenment at Chenrezig

Chenrezig is a Tibetan Buddhist retreat centre at Eudlo,  in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.  I went there for the first time the other day: although I had heard a lot about it, I had never actually been. It was a nice, relaxing visit, on a hot, hot day (another one!). 

This part of the garden is on the roof of a shrine building, and consists of a number of stupas, which represent the Buddha's mind, and whose symbolism is explained in the link. The four corners at the base represent Love, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity, which seems like a good basis for life, or even, Doing what Matters. I am certainly not a Buddhist, but there is something very universal about these values, which probably explains the growing appeal of Buddhism in the West.

I have received my first politics assignment back, and here is the link to the blog I had to post. 

more later.

No comments: