Wednesday 25 December 2013

merry chistmas and happy holidays/new year everyone!


Interesting article by Heather Long in the Guardian (thanks S for my subscription!) about what to wish people at this time of year, comparing how it is in the States and the UK. I am guessing Oz is more like UK in this regard...the article  did make me think about what 'celebrate christmas' (my token protest is using lower case) means if you are not actively christian/religious -surely many of us are celebrating christmas today (and for the last few weeks!) without it having any religious significance whatsoever.

For me it is a time to be with, celebrate (and think about absent) family and friends. And to be very grateful for my good fortune to be surrounded by such a wonderful community, to be healthy, and to have some much needed time off work.



In fact I have been very busy doing this, and consequently not blogging, which is the best reason for neglect, and a great justification!. (But I would like to have another 172 page views* by 31st December, if possible...so I'll try to keep posting when time allows)


I am also grateful for reaching the end of my Masters of social work, and excited about what the future may hold...


I hope you all have a wonderful christmas/happy new year/happy holiday and if I haven't caught up with you yet, I hope to in the new year.


Namaste

more later

*to reach 10,000 views by the end of my third year of active blogging.

No comments: