Thursday 27 October 2011

whats going on?



What's going on? Clearly not much here, but elsewhere...things have been busy busy busy.

Been sooo busy I have been having one or two serious work malfunctions, which feels like incompetence but is actually overload. Small example: leaving camera at work (so no new artwork). Big example: getting client appointment time wrong. Even my laptop started malfunctioning (does anyone know the purpose of the scroll key?...it somehow got activated, and numbers appeared when I typed letters). Shut down was the only solution. Unfortunately I have to keep going, for another month. Then its time for my holiday in New Zealand.

Meanwhile there is an art therapy conference to organise, and a pile of final marking for the end of semester. 

I have decided to extend my Motown titles through November (Motember?) since I just missed two weeks of October (and its nearly over).

However I did have time to pause and reflect on the difference two weeks can make: 

  1. Gadafi - gone
  2. Offshore processing of refugees, aka the Malaysia solution - gone (we can thank the Coalition for this one)
  3. Carbon Tax - on its way to being legislated
  4. Same sex civil unions - introduced into Queensland State Parliament
  5. And around the world, the curiously enigmatic Occupy Wall Street; Occupy London; Occupy (insert your city here) movement...


more later

No comments: