Sunday 2 October 2011

nowhere to run, (nowhere to hide)...


a coping strategy...

Did I mention having Tamla Motown song titles for my blog posts this month? Well this seemed the perfect one for today. 

I was due to present 'creative ACTivities for mindful therapists' at the ACT conference this afternoon at 3.45pm, the final session after 5 days of workshops and conferences. I was sitting with my anxiety today (and last night) and looking forward to it all being over. Usually the anxiety is worse before I start, and this was the case today as well. It is certainly out of proportion to the risk, and it felt pretty uncomfortable before I got started. I was conscious of going too fast, as I had only just over an hour. Of course, it is now over, and I am so glad I did it, in spite of my abject fear. I think it went pretty well...

hearts out on the grass

This picture captures some of the sense of having myself spilled out all over the show when I do a workshop...what if they tread on my feelings? (they didn't, they were mostly kind psychologists)...

the art shed

And then there was this article in the Guardian, about Kim Noble, who is an artist with Dissociative Identity Disorder, who has over 100 personalities. Thought provoking.

more later.

No comments: