Thursday 29 September 2011

be nice to me!


The first day of trauma at the ANZACT pre-conference workshop was great, I am looking forward to more today. The most excruciating part was near the start of the day when we had to 'meet' three other people non-verbally. This kind of stress brings on the hot flushes, but the point is, I survived and enjoyed the rest of the day.

The food was surprisingly good, varied and plentiful. 

I am so tired today, as my insomnia is back and I had an info night to attend and facilitate last night, for future MMH AT students, after a full day at the workshop. It was an interesting night, and it makes me appreciate again how difficult it is to get into art therapy training, and also, how tough it is, to get through it. 

I think I need to make an insomnia monster, to help me externalise this sleep issue, and I have an idea of what to make it out of, a dark brown sweater I bought in my workplace's op shop...(did I mention work has its own op shop? - very cool!). Its probably going to have to have at least two heads, and other unpleasant protuberances. My next art project...

I was going to try to make it to Body Balance class at 6am today but just felt so tired, having been awake already for about two hours, so decided no, I will BE NICE TO ME today. So I didn't. That felt good

This link is to an interesting article by Cathy Malchiodi on art and happiness.

more later.

No comments: