Monday 5 September 2011

sick sick sick - and its Spring!


outside Logan Regional Art Gallery - this is so cool!

I spent two days last week in Logan, at a Child and Youth Mental Health Conference, Priority One. It was a thought-provoking conference, with a creativity theme, but I was surrounded by people coughing and sneezing...

'headache' - how it feels, blurry and colourless 

...so it had to happen eventually - just as I was congratulating myself on getting through the winter without a single cold or flu virus - I had a lingering headache for three days, followed by a weekend where I barely got out of bed until Sunday lunchtime - and suddenly, its Spring!

'baby shower owl' - stuffed fabric toy/pillow

This owl was supposed to come to a baby shower with me this weekend, but sadly we didn't make it. I will have to deliver him another time...

I did manage to see a couple of quirky films this week on DVD (great for sick days). Junebug and You and me and everyone we know. Junebug is definitely the less weird of the two...plus it has Embeth Davidtz in it, a city slicker who collects 'Outsider art', and who played a patient undergoing couple therapy in Season 1 of In Treatment...

Plus, the September Issue on ABC1 was a disappointment last night, despite the beautiful frocks and shoots... If this is the reality, give me fiction (the Devil wears Prada) every time.

Plus, I put in two applications today, for further study. 

more later.

No comments: